Join the world’s top peacebuilders, social change agents, Indigenous elders, political leaders, scientists and spiritual mentors – all offering inspiration, skills training and practical solutions YOU can apply in your daily life, relationships, community and the world.
Register now to receive FREE recordings of ALL of The Summer of Peace sessions and our Peace Library and to be notified about the next live summit!
With a steady stream of news about unspeakable violence in war-torn areas to escalating reports of police brutality, we are reminded of the need to strengthen our capacity for outer and inner peace. It’s clear that it’s time we create a new story about peace.
We need a narrative that speaks to the human complexity of the inner spirit, to international relations, to dialogues across multiple sectors of society – including healing humanity’s relationship with the Earth. We need an understanding of peace broad enough to embrace the deep spiritual realms, along with the grounded – and at times even hard-nosed – practical actions that can transform difficult situations locally and globally.
However, for all of us who long for more peace and harmony in our lives and our world, some days, the challenges we face can feel daunting.
In these times, it’s common to feel overwhelmed by the inner conflicts within ourselves – not to mention the pain generated by clashes with family members, friends, co-workers... and even strangers. And when we hear about bullying in schools, the senseless violence in our neighborhoods and the overwhelming number of refugees displaced from war, it’s so easy to feel helpless and fall into despair.
It can be difficult to know where to turn to find the inspiration and guidance we need to heal the conflicts in our own hearts, in our relationships and in our larger world.
This is where The Summer of Peace comes in. The Shift Network has a deep commitment to global peace, which is why we’re offering this amazing series to you for FREE.
This monumental series features powerful insights and practical skills from the world’s leading peacebuilders – so you’ll be empowered to co-create a life and a world where peace – instead of conflict – is the baseline.
Through The Summer of Peace, you’ll:
- Discover more personal ease, joy and well-being with practices to help you connect more profoundly to the deep peace within yourself.
- Experience more harmonious and loving relationships with your family, friends, co-workers and community members.
- Be uplifted when you hear success stories from those on the front-lines of creating positive change in the most desperate areas on the planet.
- Receive deep wisdom for co-creating a new narrative of peace, and find effective methods for putting this vision into inspired action.
- Discover best practices for citizen engagement and conscious activism to help accelerate the shift to a world of peace!
As part of The Shift Network’s commitment to peace, we have also created the first virtual World Peace Library. The 2015 Summer of Peace programs will eventually become part of this FREE global resource.
Get Inspired! Get Informed! Get Involved!
The Summer of Peace is designed to inform and inspire you into action, starting with inner peace, moving to the interpersonal and culminating with our collective peace efforts.
Peace in the world begins with peace inside each of us. When you listen to the experts in dialogue during The Summer of Peace, you will discover insights and techniques to help you connect more deeply and consistently to a peaceful place within your being.
- Discover meditations that foster greater inner harmony (and in turn, deeper engagement in the world).
- Learn practices to cultivate a more steady baseline of peace in your heart.
- Increase your capacity to let go of old stories and traumas.
- Experience the ease, joy and well-being that come from inner peace.
- Learn how to forgive yourself for harm you may have inflicted upon others.
- Discover the latest in the science of compassion, and learn how you can grow your innate capacity for kindness and compassion.
The internal foundation of peace will empower you to cultivate peace with others you come into contact with – from family members to work colleagues, and even strangers.
- Find practices that reinforce our interconnectedness, common humanity and sense of oneness.
- Discover techniques for resolving conflicts in personal relationships.
- Learn powerful techniques to help you parent more peacefully.
- Bring clear, harmonious communication to your work relationships.
- Adopt practices to help heal unresolved conflicts and wounds.
- Cultivate new ways of communicating that foster deeper trust, love and intimacy in all of your interactions.
With so much violence in our world, it can be overwhelming to try to figure out what you can do to truly make a difference. With The Summer of Peace series, you’ll learn how you can make your biggest contribution by learning practical skills to help build a culture of peace that addresses today’s critical issues.
- Discover practices for stronger citizen engagement and becoming more empowered to influence the creation of policy.
- Learn how to become an effective activist from peacebuilders around the world.
- Gain insights on the benefits of subtle activism, including collective meditations for the greater good.
- Learn ways you can increase compassion in your community and join collective peace efforts.
- Discover techniques for recharging and reinvigorating the peace movement.
- Find effective ways to build political and social will toward a culture of peace.
Join The Summer of Peace to learn how to cultivate peace in your heart, home, school, neighborhood – and the world at large.
Exciting New Peace Summits
With The Summer of Peace, we are galvanizing an emerging global movement to create a culture of peace by showcasing peacebuilding efforts – from the inner to the international levels and across every sector of society. You will be inspired to participate in peace efforts in ways that are meaningful for you.
And now you can experience recordings from special 2015 peace summits in inspiring topic areas that might be of interest to you.
The Summer of Peace –
Special Peace Summits Recordings Include:
Discover Compassion as a Path to Peace
A more peaceful world is possible when we can demonstrate love, understanding, acceptance and compassion for our fellow human beings. Fortunately, every human being is hardwired for compassion, and with intention and education, that compassion can grow. The Global Compassion Summit series brings to life the science and practices that help us as individuals embrace compassion. In doing so, we see how compassion is a fundamental contributor to inner peace as well as global peace.
What you’ll learn in The Global Compassion Summit series:
- How science and ancient wisdom have united to create powerful compassion education protocols that can relieve anxiety and depression and increase happiness
- What compassion is and how recognizing suffering in ourselves and others is the first step in creating more inner and outer peace
- How the science of compassion illustrates that we can nurture compassion for ourselves, loved ones, strangers – and even perceived enemies
- Why embracing love and common humanity are important in the cultivation of compassion
- How compassion is emerging as a relevant and poignant field that serves our evolution as a human species
- What you can do to grow the compassion movement
We believe that a compassionate world is a peaceful world.
We believe that a compassionate world is possible when every man, woman and child treats others as they wish to be treated – with dignity, equity and respect.
We believe that all human beings are born with the capacity for compassion, and that it must be cultivated for human beings to survive and thrive.
We are grateful to our Global Compassion Summit co-sponsors: The Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education (CCARE, Stanford), Charter for Compassion, UNIFY, Greater Good Science Center, Project Happiness, UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness, Center for Mindful Self Compassion, Compassion Games, Compassion It
The Inner Dimension of Peacebuilding
What is the connection between inner peace and peace in the world? How might we leverage the power of consciousness-based practices like meditation, prayer and ritual to support social and planetary transformation? The Subtle Activism Summit series brings together leading scientists, mystics and activists to illuminate the crucial role of spiritual practice in the global peace movement.
What you’ll learn in the Subtle Activism Summit:
- How to apply your spiritual practice to help heal collective trauma and seed positive social change
- The science of subtle activism
- How subtle activism and direct action are uniting to create an irresistible force for change
- What you can do to be part of the emerging subtle activism movement
Please join our featured speakers to learn how subtle activism is some of the most accessible peace work you can do.
Note: Session details and times can be found on the Program Page after you register.
We are grateful to our Subtle Activism Summit co-sponsors: Gaiafield Project, World Peace Prayer Society, Global Coherence Initiative, Lorian Association, BeThePeace, NewStories, UNIFY, Evolutionary Collective, The Interspiritual Network, Pathways to Peace, Global Peace Initiative of Women, Evolutionary Leaders
11 Ways to Transform Your World
The Shift Network is a leading participant in the annual 11 Days of Global Unity, a worldwide convergence of festivals, concerts, broadcasts, forums, rallies and other programs by changemakers promoting peace, justice, sustainability and transformation. Launched in 2004 by We, The World and global allies, 11 Days annually includes as many as 700 associated events, in over 60 countries around the world, and culminates on September 21, the UN International Day of Peace.
Note: Session details and times can be found on the Program Page after you register.
Please join to receive recordings of 11 Days of Global Unity.
We are grateful to our 11 Days of Global Unity Summit co-sponsors: We, the World, Evolutionary Leaders, Modern Day Mastery, Species Alliance, Vistar
Additional Summer of Peace
The Spirituality & Peace Meditation Series features profound spiritual teachers from many traditions lead guided meditations focused on applying the science of “subtle activism” – meditation and prayer to affect changes in the world. Organized by The Gaiafield Project, the teachers were selected because of their deep spiritual practices and ability to transmit the energies of their lineages.
The Everyday Peace Series provides practical insights and skills that can be applied in daily life – from deep inner peace, intimate relationships, parenting, business and front-line peacebuilding work. Designed as short workshops, the series will teach techniques in mindfulness, forgiveness, restful sleep and living from a place of oneness. It will provide practical ways to handle being triggered and to communicate clearly and compassionately. Nobel Laureates share insights about living peace in daily life and how to join the global movement of One Billion Acts of Peace. Military professionals teach how to assist veterans with PTSD, and Indigenous elders will share wisdom about living peace from moment to moment.
Campaign Nonviolence National Conference. This conference looks at deepening the movement for a culture of peace free from war, poverty, the climate crisis and the epidemic of violence. Featured speakers include James Lawson, Erica Chenoweth, Roshi Joan Halifax, John Dear, Kathy Kelly, Lennox Yearwood, Jr., Kit Evans-Ford, Medea Benjamin, Sr. Joan Brown, Ken Butigan, Marian Naranjo and Beata Tsosie-Pena from the New Mexico Pueblo and many others.
The Summer of Peace series also features tools, resources and practices that can help you become an empowered activator for peace.
Your participation in these sessions is an act of courage and commitment that will move us closer to a global tipping point... that moment when enough people are focused on peace that the balance “tips” – and we become a world of peace.
Join the The Summer of Peace for FREE to experience the most comprehensive online resource for the creation of peace.
You Are the Next Wave of Peace!
The Summer of Peace has brought together tens of thousands of global citizens who, like you, yearn for a more peaceful life and planet. From the personal to planetary issues, together, we will acknowledge, celebrate and accelerate the wave of peacebuilding that has been growing around the world.
With guidance from the most remarkable, inspiring peacebuilders, there’s no way you can’t come away from The Summer of Peace series deeply inspired, transformed, and part of the solution.
Join us in taking peace to the next echelon – and help co-create a harmonious world that leaves a legacy of good for generations to come.
I can’t think of any other educational forum that touches on so many issues, and with such depth of thinking, looking at how we build peace. Some of the smartest and most inspiring thinkers are lined up to share their wisdom. It’s an opportunity not to miss.
– Matthew Albracht, The Peace Alliance
The Summer of Peace was an enlightening and moving experience where I got to hear directly from visionaries who spoke with true wisdom.
– Stephen Fantl, Director of PeaceDay TV
This is the most exciting event on behalf of Peace in decades!
– Krystal Rose
Enter your name and email address in the free registration box, and you’ll receive ALL of the session recordings!